With ResMed, you won’t need to walk the therapy journey alone. We’re here to offer help and support along the way, so you can get the most out of your ResMed product.
Caution: Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician
ResScan™ Software Downloads
ResScan ver: 6.0.1
ResScan download notes
Caution: Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.
• Your Download will begin once you click on the file download button.
• You may need to click the yellow bar at the top of the browser window to allow the download.
• If a dialog box appears with the option to open/run or save, click save and choose a location where you will be able to find the file later.
Before you install ResScan, please ensure the following:
• You have Administrator privileges to the PC(s) you intend to install the software on.
• You have write access to the installation directory in order to run ResScan.
• ResScan can be installed on Windows 7 Professional 32 and 64 bit, Windows 7 Home Premium 32 and 64 bit, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Windows 8.1 Professional, Windows 8.1 Home Premium, Windows 10 Enterprise, Windows 10 Professional, Windows 10 Home.
• If installing on Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2, please refer to the Software Installation Guide for installation information and instructions.
• If storing ResScan Patient Folders to a remote server or drive, you have write/read access to this location.
• You need to make sure that Internet Explorer 6 (or greater) has been installed on your computer.
• If you are unsure of any of these items, contact your computer administrator before proceeding.
Ensure that all other applications are closed before beginning ResScan installation.
1. After the download is complete, locate the file where it was saved.
2. Click on the file and open it to commence the software installation. The installation process will start automatically.
3. The install program prompts you through the installation process. Follow the instructions on the screen.
During installation, one of the dialogs asks you to choose a Complete or Custom installation. Choose Custom to change the installation directory from the default location.
During installation, a dialog will ask you whether you want to install the drivers for the ResScan USB Adapter (S9 devices), ResScan Data Card Reader (S8 devices) and ResMed USB Direct Connection (Stellar).
If you are installing ResScan on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10: Please select the drivers to install based on the therapy devices you wish to connect to.This is the preferred method of installing the drivers if they are not already installed on your machine.
If you are installing ResScan on Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2: Please do not select any of the drivers. Ensure that all boxes are unchecked.
When the installation program has completed copying all the necessary files to your computer, the Installation Completed dialog box is displayed.
4. Click the Finish button to close the Installation Completed dialog box.
Note: Existing custom reports are not deleted during the upgrade.
5. Your computer may need to be restarted. If a dialog box advises you to restart, you must do so in order to have access to the ResScan software.
You will now be able to start ResScan using the ResScan icon on the desktop. If the icon is not available, start ResScan using the Windows Start menu.
Upgrading from a previous version of ResScan
Please note that if an existing version of ResScan is being upgraded, the very first time ResScan is run after the upgrade, the ResScan application will access the original installation files and display progress information on configuration activities. If you happen to encounter any errors when running ResScan after an upgrade, please uninstall ResScan from the Control Panel and run the installation again.