The Easy-breathe motor also plays a part in differentiating between obstructive and central apneas using a forced oscillation technique (FOT).
Design and aesthetics
Enhancing acceptance and long-term compliance
Our S9 sleep device range was designed after in-depth market research, taking into account feedback from patients as well as sleep professionals.
The result is a therapy system that looks less like a medical device and more like it fits in with your patient’s contemporary lifestyle.
- Sleek and stylish design
- A large, color LCD screen displays all menus and treatment options.
- Logical, easy-to-manage controls with 4 clearly marked buttons.
S9 with Essentials
Even though the S9 is easy to use, you will still have some patients who are less concerned with navigating settings and menus, and more with just getting a good night’s sleep.These patients are best set up on S9 with Essentials. S9 Essentials offers the full benefits of therapy without the extra information — patients simply press "Start" and the device takes care of the rest. This means fewer callbacks for you and your clinical team, and more confidence that your patients are receiving their required treatment, worry-free.
Here's what patients had to say after trialing an S9 device:
"I slept well; my machine was easy to use and made me comfortable all night."
"CPAP machines are finally catching up to the 21st century!"
"I really like the aesthetic appeal and reduced bulk of the S9 compared to my current unit."
Here’s what clinicians said:
"First impressions are everything. It offers everything and it looks good. The impact will be positive because of the appearance." "I like the screen. Some of our CPAP patients are older. And it’s colored with a knob that you can turn." "I like the way it looks, personally. I think people would like it better if something doesn’t look so clinical in the bedroom."
The complete humidification solution made simple
Using a humidifier can make a positive difference to your patient’s therapy comfort and experience, helping them avoid a dry nose or throat, and keep their mouth closed while they sleep.
Together, the S9 device, H5i Heated Humidifier and the ClimateLineTM heated tube deliver ResMed’s humidification solution, called Climate Control.
- What’s unique about Climate Control is that you set your preferred temperature setting, not your preferred humidity level (which is likely to change based on changes in temperature throughout the night).
- Climate Control then uses feedback from five different sensors to intelligently adjust the amount of humidity delivered to maintain their preferred temperature setting, regardless of changes in ambient conditions.
- The ClimateLine heated tube is an important part of our Climate Control humidification solution. The tube contains a temperature sensor built into the mask end of the tube, which means that air heated consistently at your preferred setting will be delivered through to your mask.
- By keeping the air temperature in the ClimateLine tube constant, it’s less likely that condensation (often referred to as "rainout") will form in the tube, which can be a source of discomfort for patients.
- In a recent study, patients using ResMed’s Climate Control humidification system reported significantly less dryness and condensation (rainout), and found mask temperature to be much more comfortable.*