Ventilation: innovation and technology
At ResMed, our mission is to improve the quality of people's lives through healthier sleep every day.
It goes without saying that providing you with effective treatment is important to us; but we also value your comfort during therapy. Our focus on continuous innovation allows us to push the boundaries to give you smaller, quieter and more comfortable ventilators that respond to your individual needs.
Learn more below about different technologies that feature in various ventilators across our range.
Intelligent technology to match your breathing needs: iVAPS (intelligent Volume-Assured Pressure Support) with an iBR (intelligent Back-up Rate)
- iVAPS provides pressure support that adapts to your breathing effort while still maintaining your target alveolar ventilation.
- Responding to your changing needs, iVAPS is designed to provide rapid, yet gentle automatic pressure support that maintains a stable alveolar ventilation target.
- Along with an intelligent Back-up Rate (iBR), iVAPS maintains your ventilation needs even as your respiratory needs change throughout the night, especially during different stages of sleep.
- iBR is ResMed’s breakthrough technology that accommodates changes in your breathing, providing you with back-ups breaths where needed, to consistently meet your needs.
- iBR technology uses your resting breathing rate to learn your breathing pattern. If there are pauses in your breathing, iBR uses this information to determine whether in fact you need help breathing before it delivers a breath for you.