At ResMed, our mission is to improve your day-to-day treatment journey.
Your comfort during therapy is important to us. Our focus on continuous innovation allows us to push the boundaries to give you smaller, quieter and more comfortable sleep therapy devices that are also easy to set up and use.
Learn more about all the different sleep therapy technologies that feature in various devices across our range.
Enhanced Easy-Breathe motor
Quietly delivering comfort
At the heart of our S9™ sleep therapy devices is the enhanced Easy-Breathe motor, uniquely designed to mimic your breathing.
- Easy-breathe technology provides gentle increases and decreases in pressure in line with your natural breathing pattern, so the breathing cycle is smooth and comfortable for you.
- While the Easy-Breathe motor delivers high performance, it keeps very quiet about it. In fact it’s no louder than normal breathing* — creating a natural, peaceful sleeping environment for you and your bed partner.
- The motor technology not only gives you a peaceful environment in the bedroom (ie, radiated noise), but also affects the noise traveling through the mask (ie, conducted noise), helping you feel more comfortable as you breathe and sleep.
Here’s how it works:
Radiated noise: The sound you hear in the room
Conducted noise: The noise you feel through the tube
*24 dBA. Comparison tests conducted between S9, S8 and currently available competitor products.
Design and aesthetics
Enhancing acceptance and long-term compliance
Our S9 sleep device range was designed after in-depth market research, taking into account feedback from patients as well as sleep professionals.
The result is a therapy system that doesn’t look like a medical device at all! It’s elegantly designed to suit your contemporary lifestyle — and it won’t look out of place on your bedside table.
- Sleek and stylish design
- A large, color LCD screen displays all menus and treatment options.
- Logical, easy-to-manage controls put you in command from the outset, with 4 clearly marked buttons.
- If your care provider sets up your device with S9 Essentials, then starting therapy is even easier: you simply press Start and the device takes care of the rest.
Here's what people said after clinical trials with S9 ...
"I slept well; my machine was easy to use and made me comfortable all night."
"CPAP machines are finally catching up to the 21st century!"
"I really like the aesthetic appeal and reduced bulk of the S9 compared to my current unit."
The complete humidification solution made simple
Using a humidifier can make a positive difference to your therapy comfort and experience by helping to reduce common symptoms such as nasal congestion, upper airway tenderness and dry throat.
Together, the S9 device, H5i Heated Humidifier and the ClimateLine™ heated tube deliver ResMed’s humidification solution, called Climate Control.
- What’s unique about Climate Control is that you set your preferred temperature setting – not your preferred humidity level (which is likely to change based on changes in temperature throughout the night).
- Climate Control then uses feedback from five different signals to intelligently adjust the amount of humidity delivered to maintain your preferred temperature setting, regardless of changes in temperature or humidity in the room.
- The ClimateLine heated tube is an important part of our Climate Control humidification solution. The tube contains a temperature sensor built into the mask end of the tube, which means that air heated consistently at your preferred setting will be delivered through to your mask.
- By keeping the air temperature in the ClimateLine tube constant, it’s less likely that condensation (often referred to as "rainout") will form in the tube, which can be a source of discomfort during therapy.
- In a recent study, patients using ResMed’s Climate Control humidification system reported significantly less dryness and condensation (rain-out), and found mask temperature to be much more comfortable.*
Here's what patients had to say after trialing an S9 device ...
"Very quiet and lovely soft air which is much more comfortable. The ultimate device so far.”
“I experienced no dryness of my nose or mouth.”
The humidifier and heated tubing and temperature control were excellent.”
*Wimms AJ, Richards GN, Benjafield et al. Adherence comparison of a new CPAP system in sleep disordered breathing. Sleep 2011;34 (Abstract Suppl): 0391.
Benjafeld et al. Climate Control: Humidification with heated tube. ResMed Science Center 2010Enhanced AutoSet™
Smaller, slimmer, sleeker
Convenient, comfortable and user-friendly, ResMed’s SlimLine tubes are 40% lighter and 20% thinner and takes up 35% less space than standard tubes.*
- Flexible and travel-friendly for your freedom and comfort.
- The slim, flexible design makes it easier for you to move around in bed without pulling on your mask and breaking the seal.
- Both ends of the SlimLine tube are designed to be easier to grip, and slot into the mask and device without any fuss.
* Compared to standard 19 mm tubing
Here's what people said after clinical trials with S9...
"I moved easier [sic] during sleep. It provided a better night’s sleep."
"The tube was lighter and easier to sleep with."
"The new tube was much lighter than standard tubing, I could hardly feel the tube on mask."