Benefits of sleep apnea treatment
What are the benefits of treating sleep apnea? When left untreated, sleep apnea can negatively affect your energy levels, productivity and mental well-being. It can also have long-term, adverse effects on your heart, metabolism and overall health. Sleep apnea can affect anyone — fit or overweight, old or young, male or female. It can even affect children. A few of the common symptoms are:
- Loud snoring
- Lack of energy
- Daytime sleepiness
- Morning headaches
- A partner or family member notices that you stop breathing during sleep
Effective treatment of sleep apnea has been shown to help alleviate these symptoms, which can lead directly to a healthier mental outlook and improved well-being. If you think you or someone you know might have sleep apnea, it’s important that you talk to a doctor or health care professional. Be sure to let your doctor know if any of the following apply to you:
- I’ve been told that I stop breathing during sleep.
- My family tells me I snore.
- I’m tired all day even after a full night’s sleep.
- I have no energy.
- I frequently wake up with a headache.
- I nap anytime and anywhere I can.
If you think you may have sleep apnea, talk to your doctor or find out how to set up a sleep apnea test.