Effective Date: 22 November 2017
Your interactions and transactions with ResMed (UK) Ltd., a company incorporated in England (company registration number 02863553), 8 Wimpole Street, London, W1G 9SP, including our website https://www.resmed.com/uk/en are governed by this Privacy and Cookie Notice.
Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to protecting your personal data that you trust us with.
This Privacy Notice describes:
- What personal data we collect about you
- How we obtain your personal data
- How we use your personal data
- How we protect your personal data
- Who we share your personal data with
- Where your personal data is hosted and processed
- How you can access your personal data
- Your right to have data removed
- Collection and use of non-personal information
- Links to other sites
- Opting out of communication
- Personal information from children
- Updates to this Privacy Notice
- Privacy questions
- Governing law
If you interact or transact with us, we may collect the following information from you:
- your title, given name and surname
- your date of birth and your gender
- your address and email address
- your payment information
- the products you use, i.e. sleep therapy device, mask, etc.
Other than the sensitive data collected through ResMed devices you may use, ResMed will not intentionally collect or maintain, and do not want you to provide, any information regarding race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or other sensitive information.
We obtain your personal data when you voluntarily submit it to us:
- when you interact with us, for instance when purchasing from a ResMed retail outlet, participating in surveys, creating an account or engaging in any transactions with us through the website;
- via social media, including sending us information, communications or materials. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms and services not administered by ResMed. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy notices of the companies that provide them. We encourage you to review the privacy notices of each social networking service you use to understand their privacy practices.
We may use your:
- contact details to reply to your inquiries;
- date of birth to ensure we do not collect data from children under the age of 18;
- personal details and information about the services and products you use for treatment (your device and your mask) to respond to your requests for information or materials;
- email address to send you transactional communications via unencrypted email;
- contact details and payment information to process and complete orders you request and administrate your account;
- personal details for communicating with you via social media platforms when you reach out to us; and
- email address to send you newsletters, press releases or information relating to products, programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you, unless you opt out.
ResMed will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the personal data collected is the minimum necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. ResMed will retain your personal data only for the necessary period to fulfill the purposes that justified the processing of the data.
From time to time, we may collect anonymous statistical information about the use of our website, such as how many visitors visit a specific page on the website, how long they stay on that page and which hyperlinks, if any, they “click” on, and utilisation of our website features.
When applicable we will collect this information through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies, which we discuss in detail in our Cookie Notice. We may disclose such data to third parties, but this aggregate data will in no way personally identify you or any other users of our website.
ResMed has defined security and privacy controls to protect your data and to comply with the applicable data protection law.
Despite the security measures employed by ResMed, you should be aware that it is impossible to guarantee absolute security with respect to information sent through the Internet. If ResMed is aware that your personal data has been subject to a data breach, you will be notified by ResMed in a timely fashion.
ResMed does not sell or rent your personal data. We only share your personal data pursuant to this Privacy Notice and only to the extent permitted by applicable law.
We may share your personal data:
- with ResMed employees in Europe, Malaysia, the United States and Canada to provide you with technical service support;
- in the context of a sale of all or part of our business or assets. We may transfer or disclose your information to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction and as part of any due diligence processes which take place in contemplation of a potential transaction;
- with any affiliate or subsidiary of, and any company owned or controlled by ResMed, to deliver products and services, including sending or providing you with advertisements, promotions or offers. Where we share your information with our related companies, they may use your information in the same way as we can under this Privacy Notice;
- with third party providers we engage to provide services on our behalf, including marketing survey companies, who may contact you to perform surveys and user experience questionnaires under our instructions. These third party providers are contractually under an obligation of confidentiality and are bound to use your personal data for the sole purpose of performing the services we have engaged them to provide. They may not use your personal data for any other purpose.
Your personal data may be hosted or processed in Europe, Australia, Malaysia, the United States and Canada. By accepting the terms of this Privacy Notice, you have expressly consented to your personal and sensitive data being processed, transferred, stored and accessed outside of Europe.
You can access and correct the personal data about you when you contact us via the methods set out in our Contact page .
You may request access to personal data we hold about you. We are entitled to charge you a nominal fee for supply of the data.
To provide our services to you we would need your personal data. However, ResMed will honour the “right to be forgotten” and you can have your personal data completely removed by contacting email@example.com and instructing us to do so.
When you contact us, we may inform you of: (i) the information that you will need to provide for identification purposes as well as the documents you may need to enclose with your request; (ii) the expected timeframe for receiving a response from us regarding your request; (iii) how to submit your request, including the forms that you will be required to use, if available; and (iv) the form in which we will deliver your information to you.
For your convenience, our website may from time to time include links to third-party sites whose information practices may be different than ours. We encourage you to review these sites' privacy policies, as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties. Use of such third-party websites may be subject to a third party’s terms and conditions and is at your own risk. ResMed has no responsibility in connection with any access or use by you of these sites.
You may withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information for future marketing mailings, at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For other ways to contact us please see our Contact page.
If you have signed up to receive our e-mails and prefer not to receive marketing information from us, follow the "unsubscribe" instructions provided on any marketing e-mail you receive from ResMed.
Should you withdraw your consent to receive marketing information, we will use all reasonable endeavours to remove your personal information from our marketing mailing list within 5 business days of receipt of your withdrawal of consent.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. The content of our web application is not intended for, or directed to, children. If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not provide us with personal information without your guardian’s consent.
If we change the Privacy Notice, a prominent notice will be posted on our website along with the updated Privacy Notice. Therefore, you are advised to review this Privacy Notice regularly. ResMed will also provide you with an email notification if any such changes will have an adverse effect on your rights. Updates will take effect 30 days after the updated Privacy Notice is published. Each Privacy Notice will include the date in which it was last updated. If you disagree with any of the changes, you may send us an e-mail to email@example.com.
For the avoidance of doubt, no change to the Privacy Notice will change the content of your consent that you may have granted separately and/or the processing of your personal data (including sensitive data) you have consented to.
Your privacy is important to us, and we hope we have explained it to you in this Privacy Notice. If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice or data processing or if you would like to make a complaint about a possible breach of local privacy laws, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Privacy Notice its subject matter and its formation are governed by English law without prejudice to any overriding mandatory provision in your country of habitual residence. You agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction provided however that if you are domiciled in
This Privacy Notice its subject matter and its formation are governed by English law without prejudice to any overriding mandatory provision in your country of habitual residence. You agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction provided however that if you are domiciled in a Member State of the European Union, you may also bring proceedings against us in the courts in your country of habitual residence.
1. Cookies, web beacons, and technical information
A session cookie enables certain features of the website and is deleted from your computer when you disconnect from or leave the website. If a portion of this website requires a password, you will be asked to give us explicit permission to use a persistent cookie, which is a small data file that is generated when, as a registered user of this website, you enter your assigned user ID and password to access the password-protected area of the website. This file is stored on your computer and enables your browser to access each page that is in the password-protected area. Our website does not use "flash" cookies.
You may adjust your browser to refuse to accept cookies, remove cookies or notify you when a cookie is set by editing your web browser preferences or options (each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu on your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences). You do not have to accept all cookies sent to you by the website; however, depending on the particular cookie you reject, you may not be able to use some features of the website.
If you have granted your prior consent, we may also employ software technology known as "web beacons" or "clear GIFs," which helps us keep track of what content on our website is effective. Web beacons are small graphics with a unique identifier that are used to track the online movements of Internet users. Web beacons are embedded in the web pages you review, so they are not stored on your hard drive. The web beacons we use do not track or collect any personally identifiable information about you and they are in no way linked to your personally identifiable information.
2. Personalised URL Links
On occasion, we may Personalise and customise our web
3. Updates to this Cookie Notice
ResMed may update its Cookie Notice from time to time. When we change the Cookie Notice in a material way, a prominent notice will be posted on our website along with the updated cookie notice. Updates will include the date in which it was last updated.
If you disagree with the changes, you may send us an e-mail to email@example.com. For the avoidance of doubt, no change to the Cookie Notice will change the content of your consent that you may have granted separately and/or the processing of your personal data (including sensitive data) you have consented to.