Education & Training
We believe that industry and the medical community must work together to optimise patient therapy.
To achieve this goal, we have a programme of workshops and seminars on the following subjects:
- The link between Sleep Disordered Breathing (SDB) and cardiovascular disease
- Identifying the most recent advances in the fields of SDB
- Screening and diagnostic tools for SDB
- Treating Obstructive Sleep Apnoea
- Treating Central Sleep Apnoea
- Invasive and Non-invasive home mechanical ventilation
- Non-invasive ventilation in Acute Respiratory Failure
- Monitoring methods for optimising therapy and compliance
Our educational courses are designed to give clinicians the tools they need to effectively manage their patients from diagnosis to treatment and beyond.
The role of the Clinical Applications Specialist is to support your clinical practice through education, training and clinical support. Their role is to advise you on current clinical practice and appropriate product application, as well as to make recommendations that will improve outcomes for you and your patients.
All of our clinical specialists are experts in the field of sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) and/or Invasive and Non-invasive ventilation, including screening & diagnostic procedures, initiating therapy as well as monitoring and follow-up. The Clinical Application Specialists are available as a resource for all our customers.
Our clinical specialists are valuable training resources for your service and can help you keep up to date with current trends in health care. Their Educational services include:
- In-service training. Conducting product-specific in-service training including relevant physiological and clinical applications.
- Clinical practice consultation. Discussing clinical protocols and practices based on current research and articles to assist you in the development of your own protocols.
- Product application. Advising on product applications in order to ensure best fit both for the patient and your service.
- Speaker support. Speaking or sponsoring speakers on clinical and contemporary health care topics at national, regional and local professional society meetings.
To schedule a Clinical Applications Specialist (CAS) visit to your location or to find out how a CAS can help you, contact your ResMed sales representative.