Narval CC: key features
Narval CC™ is a clinically-proven1 oral appliance that's custom-made for greater comfort and compliance for your patients. It’s one of the smallest and lightest oral appliances available on the market.
In a five-year ResMed ongoing clinical study, we found that:
- Patients used it on average 6.7 hours per night, and 6.7 nights per week.1
- Narval CC successfully stops loud snoring in almost 90% of patients who use it.1
- Almost 80% of people who used Narval CC to fight their sleep apnoea — including those with more severe cases of OSA — saw their Apnoea-Hypopnea Index (AHI) decrease by more than 50%.1
- A bespoke solution that maximises precision and comfort: ResMed is today one of the few companies to use computer-aided design and manufacturing (CAD/CAM) for its oral appliance. Studies show that patients prefer custom-made mandibular repositioning devices (MRDs) over thermo-plastic ones they buy off-the-shelf.2
- Strong, lightweight material for greater precision: Narval CC is made of polymer, a lightweight and strong material that doesn't smell or leak. It is designed to withstand teeth grinding from patients with bruxism.3
- Biocompatible4: Polymer is not made from acrylic, metals, latex, paraben or bisphenol A. It’s hygienic to minimise the risk of allergies.
- Innovative retention method: Narval CC clips onto teeth rather than wrap around them, Narval CC doesn't slide around in their mouth, or stick to their teeth as they take it off.
- Less stress on teeth and jaw muscles: Narval CC is designed to reduce stress on your patients’ teeth and jaw muscles.5 And it’s designed to make it easy for a dentist to find just the right balance between comfort and treatment effectiveness.
- Patented articulation: Narval CC’s articulation enables your patients to sleep with their mouth closed5 – but gives them the flexibility to open it, and even drink if necessary.
- Manufactured in France and the US: Devices for the European market are manufactured in Lyon, France, whilst those in the USA and Canada are made near San Diego in California.
Vecchierini MF & al. A custom-made mandibular repositioning device for obstructive sleep apnoea-hypopnoea syndrome: the ORCADES study. Sleep Med. 2016 Mar;19:131-40. doi: 10.1016. Two-year follow-up results.
More about Narval CC
ResMed has used every single innovation at its disposal to optimise the Narval CC oral appliance.
Narval CC packs custom-made comfort into a small, lightweight device, making it easy for ...
Almost all adults who snore can use Narval CC™; a specialist dentist will be able to confirm ...
Narval CC is a custom-made oral appliance that makes it easy for patients to be compliant almost ...