Choices for Her
Women and sleep apnoea
Did you know that approximately 15 million American women have sleep apnoea?1-2 Sleep apnoea can affect women at any age, with or without any other contributing conditions. Sleep apnoea is often associated with serious conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, heart failure and stroke.3 However, effective treatment can help reduce the risk of chronic diseases and other comorbidities.
Women & sleep apnoea facts
- Almost 40% of newly diagnosed sleep apnoea patients are women4
- The risk of sleep apnoea in women after menopause is equal to that of men5
- Snoring during pregnancy may be an indication of developing sleep apnoea6
- Insomnia and morning headaches are often the main indicators of sleep apnoea in women7-8
- Women who snore are about twice as likely to have high blood pressure9
- Sleep apnoea is related to a higher risk of depression and cognitive impairment or dementia in women10-11
* Extrapolated from 2010 Census data.
Learn about ResMed's therapy choices designed specially for women.
We understand that when it comes to sleep therapy, women have unique needs. As the first company to design a mask for female patients, we are proud to offer the first integrated therapy system for women and even more choices for comfortable, customised therapy.
Customised fit range
Flexible headgear, minimal frame width and smaller sizes accommodate women's sizing needs.
Whether you prefer to wear your hair short or long, under or over the backstrap, our women's masks offer a choice of design and stylish color to complement your style.
Cushioning soft wraps
For added softness on your cheeks, cushioning soft wraps are gentle on the skin to reduce facial pressure and marks.
More ResMed's product series
Stellar noninvasive and invasive ventilators designed for versatility – to suit a range of ...