Ventilation: innovation and technology
At ResMed, our mission is to improve the quality of your every day.
It goes without saying that providing you with effective treatment is important to us; but we also value your comfort during therapy. Our focus on continuous innovation allows us to push the boundaries to give you smaller, quieter and more comfortable ventilators that respond to your individual needs.
Learn more below about different technologies that feature in various ventilators across our range.
Intelligent technology to match your breathing needs: iVAPS (intelligent Volume-Assured Pressure Support) with an iBR (intelligent Back-up Rate)
Exclusive to ResMed, iVAPS is a volume assurance therapy mode that intelligently monitors whether air is flowing in or out of your lungs, the amount of air that’s flowing through and how much air you need for the next breath.
- iVAPS provides pressure support that adapts to your breathing effort while still maintaining your target alveolar ventilation.
- Responding to your changing needs, iVAPS provides rapid, yet gentle automatic pressure support that is quick enough to maintain stable alveolar ventilation yet smooth enough to avoid sleep disruption.
- Along with an intelligent Back-up Rate (iBR), iVAPS maintains your ventilation needs even as your respiratory needs change throughout the night, especially during different stages of sleep.
- iBR is ResMed’s breakthrough technology that accommodates changes in your breathing, providing you with back-ups breaths where needed, to consistently meet your needs.
- iBR technology uses your spontaneous breathing rate to learn your breathing pattern. If there are pauses in your breathing (for instance if you cough), iBR uses this information to determine whether in fact you need help breathing before it delivers a breath for you.
- This means that you will not be over-ventilated, and can have the chance to breathe spontaneously when you can.
More innovation and technology
ResMed masks are lightweight, high performance, and easy to use and fit.
Learn about the technologies that make ResMed sleep apnoea devices smaller, quieter and more ...
People receiving sleep apnoea therapies often experience uncomfortable congestion and dryness in ...