With Astral you can feel confident you’re receiving ventilation that suits your respiratory needs, giving you the freedom to live life more fully. Astral has a small, sleek, sturdy design, enabling you to be ventilated as well in the home as you would be in hospital.
When it comes to life support ventilation, everyone’s needs are different. IntelligentAir is a collection of ResMed technologies that delivers individually-responsive ventilation to suit you, with: intelligent Volume-Assured Pressure Support (iVAPS) mode to target your alveolar ventilation; an intelligent Backup Rate (iBR) to provide backup breaths when needed; and AutoEPAP to maintain an open upper airway.
- Lightweight. Weighing just 3.2 kg, Astral makes it easy to be mobile.
- Optional mobility bags. A choice of 2 mobility bags can protect Astral when you’re on the move: the Astral mobility bag, which has room for all of Astral’s essential accessories, and the lighter but smaller SlimFit mobility bag, with a pouch for the power supply or external battery. The bags’ transparent panels mean you can access the touchscreen easily. Broad, wide straps enable you to carry them comfortably over your shoulder or mount them on a wheelchair.
- Easy to use. Astral’s menu is straightforward and intuitive. It has a large colour LCD display. The display gives your clinicians and carers essential information about your condition.
- Pre-settable and saved programs. Because your breathing needs may change throughout the day, Astral can save multiple programs and settings. At the press of a button, you can switch to the pre-set program most suitable for you at the time.
- Alarms. Features fixed and adjustable alarms, including an advanced disconnection alarm for added reassurance.
- The optional remote alarm II can keep you connected to your carers when you’re alone.
- Easy start and stop. A big-button feature on the main display allows you to start or stop the ventilator, or mute the alarm, simply by touching the screen.
- Versatile. Can be used with a mask, mouthpiece or tracheostomy. Astral is used for both adults and children, with a range of breathing disorders including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and neuromuscular disease.
How to buy
This product is not available in our online store. Please discuss with your healthcare team or call us on 0800 917 7071.
Setting up your equipment
Tips and guidelines to set up your therapy equipment correctly.
Following up on your treatment
With your therapy underway and equipment set up, the one last and important step of this journey is following up on your treatment. Here’s what you need to know.
Travelling with your equipment
All you need to know about travelling with your therapy equipment, from using a universal power supply to altitude adjustment.
A non-invasive ventilator with invasive capabilities designed for versatility – to suit a range of environments and for various respiratory patient types. Features iVAPS (intelligent Volume-Assured Pressure Support) mode, intelligent Backup rate (iBR) and optional AutoEPAP.
A non-invasive ventilator with invasive capabilities designed for versatility – to suit a range of environments and for various respiratory patient types.
Lumis 100 VPAP S is a non-invasive ventilator designed to provide personalised ventilation to support your respiratory condition.
Lumis 100 VPAP ST is a non-invasive ventilator designed to provide personalised ventilation to support your respiratory condition. intelligent Backup Rate available in ST mode.