Which patients can use Narval CC?
Almost all adults who snore can use Narval CC™; a specialist dentist will be able to confirm that this is indeed a suitable solution for your patient.
Narval CC is a first therapy choice for:
- Throat snorers who don’t have obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA);
- Snorers with a mild to moderate OSA.
Narval CC can also be a solution for snorers with severe OSA but who have demonstrated they cannot tolerate continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) treatment.
Finally, Narval CC will appeal to those with mild to moderate OSA who want to alternate between therapy options.
- People who want an occasional break from CPAP therapy;
- People who want to alternate regularly between the two therapy solutions;
- Business people who travel a lot and need a lightweight, portable therapy solution they don’t need to plug in or carry cables or batteries for.
Not all your patients will be right for Narval CC. There are contraindications for patients who:
- have central sleep apnoea;
- have severe respiratory disorders (other than OSA);
- have loose teeth or advanced periodontal disease;
- are less than 18 years of age;
- have a completely edentulous arch;
- have a complete lower denture (not an overdenture);
- have short teeth and/or insufficient undercuts to retain the device.
More about Narval CC
Narval CC is a clinically-proven oral appliance that's custom-made for greater comfort and ...
ResMed has used every single innovation at its disposal to optimise the Narval CC oral appliance.
Narval CC packs custom-made comfort into a small, lightweight device, making it easy for ...
Narval CC is a custom-made oral appliance that makes it easy for patients to be compliant almost ...