Narval CC: key features
Narval CC™ is a clinically-proven1 oral appliance that's custom-made for greater comfort and compliance for your patients. It’s one of the smallest and lightest oral appliances available on the market.
In a five-year ResMed ongoing clinical study, we found that:
- Patients used it on average 6.7 hours per night, and 6.7 nights per week.1
- Narval CC successfully stops loud snoring in almost 80% of patients who use it.1
- Almost 80% of people who used Narval CC to fight their sleep apnoea — including those with more severe cases of OSA — saw their Apnoea-Hypopnea Index (AHI) decrease by more than 50%.1
- A bespoke solution that maximises precision and comfort: ResMed is today one of the few companies to use computer-aided design and manufacturing (CAD/CAM) for its oral appliance. Studies show that patients prefer custom-made mandibular repositioning devices (MRDs) over thermo-plastic ones they buy off-the-shelf.2
- Strong, lightweight material for greater precision: Narval CC is made of polymer, a lightweight and strong material that doesn't smell or leak. It is designed to withstand teeth grinding from patients with bruxism.3
- Biocompatible4: Polymer is not made from acrylic, metals, latex, paraben or bisphenol A. It’s hygienic to minimise the risk of allergies.
- Innovative retention method: Narval CC clips onto teeth rather than wrap around them, Narval CC doesn't slide around in their mouth, or stick to their teeth as they take it off.
- Less stress on teeth and jaw muscles: Narval CC is designed to reduce stress on your patients’ teeth and jaw muscles.5 And it’s designed to make it easy for a dentist to find just the right balance between comfort and treatment effectiveness.
- Patented articulation: Narval CC’s articulation enables your patients to sleep with their mouth closed5 – but gives them the flexibility to open it, and even drink if necessary.
- Manufactured in France and the US: Devices for the European market are manufactured in Lyon, France, whilst those in the USA and Canada are made near San Diego in California.
Vecchierini MF & al. A custom-made mandibular repositioning device for obstructive sleep apnoea-hypopnoea syndrome: the ORCADES study. Sleep Med. 2016 Mar;19:131-40. doi: 10.1016. Two-year follow-up results.
This product may not be available in all countries.
More about Narval CC
ResMed has used every single innovation at its disposal to optimise the Narval CC oral appliance.
Narval CC packs custom-made comfort into a small, lightweight device, making it easy for ...
Almost all adults who snore can use Narval CC™; a specialist dentist will be able to confirm ...
Narval CC is a custom-made oral appliance that makes it easy for patients to be compliant almost ...