NIV has been shown to improve daytime arterial blood gases and the symptoms associated with respiratory failure in patients with a chest wall disorder.1
- Improved gas exchange with increased PO2 and decreased PCO2
- Improved hemodynamics with decreased pulmonary artery pressure and increased right ventricular function
- Reduced work of breathing
- Normalised sleep patterns with fewer apnoeic episodes.
- Fewer hospital admissions
- Improved quality of life
- Relief from dyspnoea
More restrictive lung disease
Restrictive lung disease refers to a group of thoracic deformities that result in inefficient ...
Restrictive lung disease is a group of thoracic deformities that result in inefficient coupling ...
Learn how NIV may help improve the lives of patients with Restrictive lung disease.
Take the time to educate home patients on when and how to replace components of their products, ...