How do I clean my humidifier?
Regular maintenance and cleaning will keep your humidifier in good working order and help you to enjoy a fresher therapy experience. Find answers to your most frequently asked questions about cleaning your humidifier here.
How often should I clean the water tub of my therapy device?
Your humidifier user guide contains instructions on cleaning your specific type of device and its components. You can download a copy of the user guide from the support page of your humidifier.
In general, you should wash the water tub every day in warm water, using a mild detergent, then rinse it thoroughly with clean water and leave it to dry away from direct sunlight. Every month, you should inspect the water tub for wear and deterioration and replace the water tub if any component is cracked, cloudy or pitted.
Please do not use any of the following to clean your humidifier as these solutions may cause damage and reduce the life of the product:
- Bleach, chlorine-, alcohol- or ammonia-based solutions
- Moisturising, antibacterial or glycerine based soaps
- Water softening and unapproved descaling agents
For your convenience, here are the cleaning instructions for ResMed’s heated humidifier:
- Wash the disassembled tub lid, plate and base in warm water using a mild detergent.
- Rinse thoroughly in clean water and allow them to dry away from direct sunlight.
- Peel the flip lid seal from the flip lid and wash it in warm water using a mild detergent.
- Wipe the exterior of the humidifier with a damp cloth and mild detergent.
Please note that the disassembled tub lid, plate and base may also be washed in a dishwasher on the delicate or glassware cycle (top shelf only). If you notice clean white powder deposits in the water tub, you can clean these using a solution of one part household vinegar to 10 parts water.
How often should I clean my ClimateLine or SlimLine tubing? How do I clean it?
Please refer to your tubing user guide for detailed instructions on cleaning.
In general, every day, you should remove the air tubing by pulling on the finger grips on the cuff. Hang the tubing in a clean, dry place until its next use.
- Do not hang the air tubing in direct sunlight as it may harden over time and eventually crack.
- Do not wash the air tubing in a washing machine or dishwasher.
Every week, you should, remove the air tubing from your therapy device and mask by pulling on the finger grips on the cuff, then wash the air tubing in warm water using mild detergent. Rinse the tubing thoroughly, hang it up in a clean, dry place, and allow it to dry. Reconnect the air tubing to the air outlet and mask next time you use your device.
If you have more questions about cleaning your humidifier and accessories, please contact your care provider or equipment supplier.