The benefits of treatment
Studies have shown that noninvasive ventilation (NIV) can improve the symptoms of respiratory failure associated with restrictive lung disease.
- Better gas exchange (ie, the right amount of oxygen and carbon dioxide in your blood)
- Better blood circulation
- Less pressure placed on your heart
- Less effort needed to breathe on your own
- Normal sleep patterns with fewer apnoeas
- Fewer hospital visits
- Better quality of life
- Relief from shortness of breath
NIV can help improve your quality of life, so that you can still get out and about with your ventilator and enjoy life as much as possible.
More restrictive lung disease
Finding the right equipment supplier can make all the difference to your therapy.
Lightweight and highly portable, ResMed's therapy devices and masks are designed to accompany ...
Restrictive lung disease refers to conditions in which breathing is restricted, and can lead to ...
Treating the breathing and sleeping issues caused by restrictive lung disease can make a huge ...