Patient adherence and replenishment
Patient adherence to therapy can be the biggest challenge for treating respiratory and sleep conditions.
Research indicates that patients and their families feel more supported when they receive:
- proper equipment and training1
- an adequate number of caregivers1
- a support system of experienced healthcare professionals1
Research indicates that patient education on CPAP use and compliance is directly related to:
- Equipment: Correct size/type
- Comfort: Fit and interface
- Support and Follow up
At ResMed, we agree that the best way to improve patient compliance is by using a multi-faceted approach, which includes:
Comfortable, easy-to-use and reliable equipment
Effective patient education and consistent follow-up
Recent Empirical studies show there is some evidence that educational interventions and cognitive behavioural therapy do improve CPAP usage.2, 3
Involvement and support
It's extremely important that patients feel that they are not isolated or walking this treatment path alone. Encourage your patients to join the sleepvantage program. Benefits of being a member include:
- A 50% warranty extension on ResMed products
- Access and update your therapy and personal information
- Join or start discussions in the sleepvantage online forum
- Access to a range of educational articles and videos
- Access to our friendly member support line
- Be part of exciting promotions and take advantage of special offers
Equipment replacement and compliance
Timely equipment replacement helps patients stay more comfortable and therefore can increase compliance during therapy.
Take the time to educate your patients on knowing when and how to replace components of their products, and how this relates to comfort and therapy effectiveness.
Let them know that manufacturers recommend regular parts replacement, and remind them of their potential private health insurance benefits.