What is not covered under the extended warranty and when the extended warranty would not apply?
This limited manufacturer’s warranty does not cover:
a) any damage caused as a result of improper use, abuse, modification or alteration of the product;
b) repairs carried out by any service organisation that has not been expressly authorised by ResMed to perform such repairs;
c) any damage or contamination due to cigarette, pipe, cigar or other smoke; or
d) any other device and any masks or accessories.
This limited manufacturer’s warranty is void on product your purchase:
a) outside Australia or New Zealand; or
b) from a reseller that is not authorised by ResMed to sell the Product in Australia or New Zealand.
This limited manufacturer’s warranty is not transferable to a subsequent owner of a Product.
This limited manufacturer’s warranty replaces all other expressed or implied warranties, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Some regions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
How to make a claim
Warranty claims must be made by the initial consumer at the point of purchase or to ResMed directly as specified below.
To make a claim under this warranty you should contact the ResMed accredited outlet from which you purchased your Product.
- You will need to deliver, at your expense, the Product you claim is defective to the ResMed accredited outlet from which you purchased your Product or your closest ResMed accredited outlet. A similar product will normally be lent to you by your ResMed accredited outlet while your Product is assessed.
- The Product you claim as defective must be delivered from the ResMed accredited outlet to the ResMed Service Centre within the relevant warranty period referred to above. ResMed will not be responsible for the cost of the transport of your Product to the ResMed Service Centre. You must pay any necessary costs to the ResMed accredited outlet.
- All claims under this warranty must be accompanied by your original receipt.
- If ResMed determines that your warranty claim is valid, ResMed will return the repaired product, or a replacement product to your ResMed accredited outlet at ResMed’s expense and you may claim any reasonable expenses you have incurred in making the claim by posting to us a claim in writing attaching original receipts for the expenses claimed to: 1 Elizabeth Macarthur Drive, Bella Vista NSW 2153.
- If ResMed determines that your warranty claim is not valid, ResMed will notify your ResMed accredited outlet by providing a quotation of the cost of repair. Your ResMed accredited outlet will then contact you and you will have the option of taking up the quotation offer, valid for 21 days, or have your product returned unrepaired to your ResMed accredited outlet at ResMed’s expense.
If you are provided with a replacement or repaired product, the additional warranty continues to apply to the replacement or repaired device but does not continue beyond the original warranty period referred to above. If you have any questions or would like the address of your closest ResMed accredited outlet you can contact our friendly customer service consultants at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 1300 305 705 (AUS) or 0800 737 633 (NZ).
Get free warranty extension
Simply by signing up to ResMed’s sleepvantage program you get the benefit of a 50% extended product warranty on all ResMed products that you register with us. The extended warranty is a 50% extension of this limited warranty. Your standard manufacturer’s warranty must be valid whilst you apply for the extended warranty.As soon as you buy a new ResMed mask, therapy device or humidifier, register it here so you can take advantage of your warranty extension.