Find answers to your most frequently asked questions about ResMed humidifiers here..
Q. My H5i humidifier heater plate doesn't seem to get as hot as the heater plate on the H4i. Is this normal?
A. Yes, this is normal operation for the H5i. There are a number of differences between the H5i and H4i humidifiers that cause this. We’ve enhanced the design of the H5i so that the vent doesn’t get so hot.
Q. The water level in my H5i doesn't seem to drop very far, even when I use it for a full night. Is this normal?
A. Yes. The water level that's left after use doesn't give the best indication of how your humidifier is functioning. The H5i only uses the amount of water needed to provide the required level of moisture. If set at the same Climate Control temperature throughout the year, the H5i will use significantly less water during summer than it will during the winter.
Q. Is there a simple way for me to check that my H5i heater plate is working properly?
A. Yes. To confirm whether your H5i is functioning properly, complete the following steps;
- Disconnect the ClimateLine™ tubing and remove the water tub.
- While the S9 therapy device is NOT running, place your hand on the heater plate to assess the temperature of the H5i heater plate. NOTE: Do NOT place your hand on the heater plate, wait 10 minutes after it has been running.
- Set the humidifier output to 6.
- Place the unit in warm-up mode and let it run for 1 minute.
- Place your hand above the heater plate (without touching it) to confirm an increase in heater plate temperature. Don't place your hand directly on the heater plate as it will be hot.
- Press the dial for three seconds to enable cooling down mode.
- Check out this video to get more info on whether your H5i is working properly.
Do you have a question about the differences among ResMed humidifiers that isn't addressed here? Contact our customer support on 1300 305 705 (Australia) or 0800 737 633 (New Zealand) or click here to submit an online inquiry.