Women and sleep apnea
Did you know that approximately 15 million American women have sleep apnea?1-2 Sleep apnea can affect women at any age, with or without any other contributing conditions. Sleep apnea is often associated with serious conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, heart failure and stroke.3 However, effective treatment can help reduce the risk of chronic diseases and other comorbidities.
Women & sleep apnea facts
- Almost 40% of newly diagnosed sleep apnea patients are women4
- The risk of sleep apnea in women after menopause is equal to that of men5
- Snoring during pregnancy may be an indication of developing sleep apnea6
- Insomnia and morning headaches are often the main indicators of sleep apnea in women7-8
- Women who snore are about twice as likely to have high blood pressure9
- Sleep apnea is related to a higher risk of depression and cognitive impairment or dementia in women10-11
We understand that when it comes to sleep therapy, women have unique needs. As the first company to design a mask for female patients, we are proud to offer the first integrated therapy system for women and even more choices for comfortable, customized therapy.
The comfort of ResMed’s premium S9 APAP, now in a stylish pink.
Customized fit range
Flexible headgear, minimal frame width and smaller sizes accommodate women’s sizing needs.
Whether you prefer to wear your hair short or long, under or over the backstrap, our women’s masks offer a choice of design and stylish color to complement her style.
Cushioning soft wraps
For added softness on your cheeks, cushioning soft wraps are gentle on the skin to reduce facial pressure and marks.
* Extrapolated from 2010 Census data.