Noninvasive ventilation designed to treat COPD
NIV is increasingly used in treating patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Clinical studies show that NIV treatment can improve outcomes—leading to a better quality of life, helping slow the progression of the condition and managing it post-discharge.1-2 Specifically NIV has been shown to reduce recurrence of acute hypercapnic respiratory failure following an initial event by up to two-thirds in the first 30 days following the event.3
To learn more about the relationship between OSA and COPD, visit our e-Learning Academy to review our "OSA and COPD: What Happens When the Two Overlap" CEU course.
VPAP COPD helps overcome unique treatment challenges
- Customized therapy settings make it easy to initiate therapy.
- Integrated oxygen entrainment support provides oxygen and warmed, humidified air in one line to improve secretion management.
- Configurable audio and visual alarms provide added security.
- EasyCare Online monitoring is ideal for post-discharge patient follow-up.
- Custom therapy settings optimized for COPD minimize hyperinflation and improve synchrony and comfort to increase compliance.
- Support for pressures up to 30 cm H2O helps treat patients with overlap syndrome or those requiring higher EPAP pressure to overcome intrinsic PEEP.
Custom therapy settings
Device settings optimized for COPD
COPD patients who require NIV have specific needs to ensure optimal ventilation. These patients often have difficulty exhaling air, which can lead to air trapping and hyperinflation. Maintaining synchrony and comfort for these patients is critical in getting them compliant on their therapy.
The VPAP COPD’s custom therapy settings make initial setup of COPD patients quick and easy. The fast Rise Time, high cycle sensitivity and shortened Ti Max all contribute to minimizing hyperinflation and improving synchrony and comfort.
Note: These settings are provided as a guide and starting point for initial settings. Individual patients may require further adjustments based on their own conditions. Existing protocols within your facility should always supersede these baseline recommendations.
Setting up your equipment
Following up on your treatment
Traveling with your equipment
Accessories & parts
How to buy
Please contact our Customer Service department or your local ResMed representative to get more information on obtaining ResMed products for your business.
All the features of Stellar 100, as well as iVAPS (intelligent Volume-Assured Pressure Support) technology, which targets and maintains alveolar ventilation by automatically adjusting pressure support, even as the patient's respiratory needs change.
Noninvasive ventilator with internal battery for a wide range of nondependent patients, including pediatric (= 30 lbs), suitable for hospital and home.